Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WELCOME! ~ Updated Entryway

Welcome  to our Home!


After a few coats of paint, our entryway is ready for its reveal!
I was able to find a before photo, here I am (with a good friend of mine) painstakingly painting perfect blue and tan stripes down the focal wall of our entryway...


There wasn't really anything wrong with it, but as all you decorators-at-heart know,
our homes are almost always evolving and changing. That's part of the fun, right?

So here it is now...
*sigh*
A nice fresh clean look.
And can I just say, I am in LOVE with this grey paint color.
It's Behr, my favorite brand of paint, and it's called Dolphin Fin.
What do you think? Do you love the new grey as much as I do?
I think it gives it a fresh yet farmhousey appeal.
 We are currently preparing our almost 5yr old for kindergarten this fall :( 
so you may notice our vintage inspired alphabet flash cards hanging by the school desk.
I thought they were cute!
 The banner is left over from a baby shower hosted here, 
and I just can't make myself take it down...it makes me happy!
So you couldn't see it in the before photo, but our front door used to
be a terrible brown color. Very sad. I was gonna hold out for black, but in 
the interest of saving time and money I used a charcoal grey we had sitting the the garage.
I am so glad I did! I love how it turned out, and I love the way it looks against our
much lighter Dolphin Fin grey.
The wreath was another baby shower leftover, but I thinks it looks good against the grey so we will be keeping it up for the spring. There was NO yellow in my house until this shower, and I had no idea how much I enjoyed the color!
I think my husband has officially hidden my chalkboard paint....
I may have a small obsession with it, just maybe.
What I haven't posted yet, is all the other many places chalkboard paint shows up
in our home.  :/
With that said, I really am enjoying this chalkboard.
The simple design. The stark grey against the lighter grey. 
The opportunity for change and creativity. The chance to send off my family members 
with sweet messages. (I realize that my fancy L kind of makes it look like I spelled "clove")
.... I still like it.

You may have noticed the new blog name "SimpleVintageStyle" and new blog look...
I have been working hard in our home and am really looking forward to sharing much more with you in the near future. What about you? What have you been working on?

Happy Blogging!
Stefani

I will be sharing with:





4 comments: