Friday, January 4, 2013

Back Again, DIY Wood Wainscoting

Hello Fellow Bloggers!!
After an extended leave, I am soo glad to be back in the blogging world!!
It's been a long time, and I have much to share. First to share is my updated hallway, after much inspiration (thanks to Pinterest) I decided our hallway would be a great opportunity to add some character to our home.   So I hit up our local home improvement store for a truck load of 1x4's, and with the help of my Handsome Man we promptly got to work on our wainscoting...


First, I had to measure out how high up the wall we were gonna go, then measure how far apart we wanted each board. THEN measure how far down from the top boards I wanted the second row of horizontal boards to be. It was a long and boring process a lot of fun. ;)   


Then we got started measuring and cutting the boards, followed by nailing them to the walls. We used wood glue and a few screws to ensure they stay up there! Once all the boards were up, I got busy with the joint compound. (By the way, I HAVE pictures of this whole process....I just couldn't find them to save my life.) I used the joint compound where ALL the boards meet, waited...sanded....then plastered on more compound....waited for it to dry....sanded. 
It was also a lot of fun! 


Meanwhile, I used a paint-able all purpose caulk and caulked where the boards met the wall, so that when we painted we would have a nice smooth surface. Once the compound and caulking were completely dry I got starting with the paint. I am a huge fan of Behr paint, I paint in our home A LOT (my hubby can attest to that!) and have always been impressed with their paint. 


So there it is!! 
A beautiful update to our hallway and we LOVE it!!
I hope you enjoyed.


I am so glad to be back and looking forward to catching up with you all!
Have a great day!
Stefani

I am linking up this post at Funky Junk InteriorsCraftberry Bush, Alderberry Hill and the French Country Cottage!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this. I have a hallway that needs something..this could be it!

    ReplyDelete