Friday, February 10, 2012

Sun Colored Amethyst Glass

Hello All!

Today I am sharing with you a lovely find!


Ever heard of sun colored amethyst glass??
I hadn't until one of my good friends showed me a mason jar that had turned
from clear to a light lavender color after being exposed to sunlight for many years.
Too cool right??


After my friend had shown me her mason jar, I was really hoping to find an amethyst treasure of my own.
Luckily, I recently found this sun colored amethyst bottle at a local antique shop!
I paid $9 dollars for it, I won't typically pay that much for old glass bottles and jars. I have a small collection started and have to get kind of particular if I don't want them flowing out my front door. :) 


I found some weeds in my backyard to stick in the bottle.
Makes me laugh, I am sharing pics of an old glass bottle sporting "weeds."
But aren't they cute?? I thought they were a great touch. 


I actually really like this "weed."
I'm not sure what it is, anyone out there know?


After doing a little research I was able to learn that this bottle was likely made between 1908 and 1913.




So of course my new favorite find is sitting next to our bed.
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Blogging!

Stefani

Sharing with:




homework



Photobucket


Beyond The Picket Fence


6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! The color is beautiful. Awesome find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bottle! Love the color. I've recently started collecting bottles, but find I need to be particular as well or my collections get out of hand.
    I'm delighted to be your newest follower and hope you'll drop by for a visit.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the bottles online, but never in person. I had no idea they turned lavender from sunlight! I guess it has something to do with ultra violet rays???
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Your bottle is great!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bottle. I can't say I have ever seen this color bottle. So beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete