Thursday, February 2, 2012

Scrapbook Paper, Mod Podge, and an Old Trunk

Hello All!

Here is my latest creation:
An Old Trunk given to me that I re-papered with scrapbook paper, 
vintage advertisements, and mod podge. 

The before picture:


Some vintage looking scrapbook paper...


Some really cool vintage advertisements I printed off from 


Viola!


A super simple project.


I first peeled as much of the old paper as I could then vacuumed it out with a shop vac.




I used a damp rag to moisten the scrapbook paper before I slathered on the Mod Podge.
*Getting it damp helps the paper to mold to the surface*
I would also wipe the paper down with the damp rag after I applied it to the trunk.


The vintage advertisements were just printed on normal printing paper, so I actually Mod Podged the ads to a plain piece of paper first. This was done so that you couldn't see the pattern of the scrapbook paper peeking through the ads.


Once all the papers were in place I lightly painted over the whole thing with Mod Podge, 
then waited for it to dry!!


I love quick and easy projects like this! 
And because I already had all the supplies this project cost me ZERO dollars!


Choosing not to paint the trunk was a hard decision for me, 
but I really wanted it to keep its original farmhouse look. So I  thought going with a vintage
 paper theme on the inside was a  good way to keep her looking...vintage!

Now my big ol' trunk can finally serve it's purpose...
storage.
Hope you enjoyed! 
Happy Blogging!
Stefani


Sharing with:






vif187






Furniture Feature Fridays




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


homework

The Graphics Fairy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Now I know what to do with the unfinished trunk at the end of my daughter's bed. Thanks for the tip to moisten the prints before slathering on the glue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have an old trunk to redo! I love what you did with it. In fact, I love your whole blog!
    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, I am now following you!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete