Tuesday, February 28, 2012

{Old Black Shutters Making My Heart Flutter}

Hello All!

Sharing with you today a small change that I think made a big impact.
I have been holding onto a pair of old black shutters, unsure of where to put them (not sure why it took me so long to figure out where to put them??). 
Finally, I decided they'd be perfect in my dining room.


I am very pleased with the results!


 My husband found that wooden cutting board at a local thrift shop recently,
he knows the way to my heart. :)


Turns out it is from the 1800's! {more on this later}
We love great old finds like these!


I think the dining room is finally coming together.


It's all in the details: an antique wooden bucket , a vintage cabinet, an old wire basket with burlap piled inside, and a 1800's wooden cutting board. Sensing a theme here??


I haven't finished the cabinet yet, so more on that later, but I have painted it with chalk paint and stapled a vintage fabric I found at an estate sale to the inside of the windows.


Best part of these shutters?? 
I picked them up off someone's curb during our large item pick up!
Score.

Hope you enjoyed! 
I am hoping to get one more post out before our big trip to England!
Happy Blogging Ya'll.

I am sharing this with:


HOG

homework

5 comments:

  1. Hello! It's so nice to meet you! I loved what you did with that old trunk! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Here from Cozy Litte House. Welcome. Love your kitchen/dining room. You have great ideas. Love the inside of thaat trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shutters. What a spectacular find. Just popped over and became a new follower from Cozy Little House.
    Laura from ImSoVintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style, Stefani! Those shutters really do add so much charm and character to your dining room. It's a very welcoming room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am Elizabeth ,I just came over from Cozy little house! Love your kitchen cabinet, my grandmother and her friends all had one in their kitchen and called them a safe. There big meal was at noon and the leftovers were put in the safe until supper.

    ReplyDelete