Friday, December 30, 2011

London Crate- A mini tutorial

Hello All!
A long while back I bought two wooden crates 
for about two dollars a piece at an estate sale.
I always knew I would paint them but wasn't sure how...
until recently.


I used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Old White
and very lightly painted a thin coat all over the entire crate.
I wanted the paint to look worn, without having to get out the sandpaper.


After the paint dried (two whole minutes later), I traced 
the address of the Portobello Market onto the crate with
my handy dandy carbon paper.


I then traced over the image left behind after tracing 
with the carbon paper with a Sharpie.
Yep. That easy. Awesome right?


It turned out great!


Thanks for stopping by!!
Sharing with these awesome bloggers:






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



{Primp}





HOG


Beyond The Picket Fence

DomesticallySpeaking

9 comments:

  1. Nice job! Glad I found you :-)
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... signage on the side of furniture can get so technical. Your carbon paper and sharpie did an awesome job... it's beautiful!

    I shared this on FJI Facebook and pinned it for SNS 114. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150540214971141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Donna @ Funky Junk Interiors and so glad to do so! Can't wait to play with my sharpie!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! great job.
    hate to think what it would look like if I tried it.

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT job, Stefani! Gotta love that ASCP!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a wonderful job they look great. Thank you so much for sharing. I will follow on my way out so I can revisit. I hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That lettering came out great. I need me some carbon paper!! I love the font you used too!

    ReplyDelete