Friday, December 30, 2011

Blanket Stitch Pillows and My $12 Quilt

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas Holiday. I've been so spoiled 
with my Handsome Hubby here at home with me for a whole week!
Loving every minute of it! 
I've also had some time to do a little crafting here, and little sewing there,
and some rearranging almost everywhere. I thought I would share with you
some of my most recent work. I mentioned in my last post that my sewing machine broke 
(since then my neighbor has given me one of her's....so sweet!) But before I received 
my new old machine I did a little sewing by hand.


I shared with you in my last post that I recently learned how to sew a blanket stitch.
I even made our stockings this Christmas using the blanket stitch and you can see those darlings here.
More recently I made a couple of white throw pillows using a fuzzy grey acrylic yarn for the stitch.


Here they are on my bed.


I love how beautifully the grey yarn contrasted against the white linens.


I love the homey feel a hand sewn stitch creates.


I found that sewing these pillows by hand was surprisingly relaxing, 
and even though I now have a working sewing machine I find myself trying
to find little projects I can do without it.


Also in these pics is my new favorite quilt! 
A great $12 find at an antique store I visited in Colorado.


I just love how these muted colors come together
in a beautiful and warm way.


And just one more close look at the stitch.




Isn't that quilt just lovely?


Thanks for stopping by!! Check back for more to come soon!
Don't forget to leave me your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment