Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weathered Wooden Sign

  So my Mother and Father-in-Law recently gave me a big ol' pile
of perfectly weathered wood! I was soo excited I immediately started
dreaming up my first sign.


I couldn't be happier with the results!
My first sign ever!


Since we haven't had a headboard since Mike and I married,
I knew exactly where I would put it!


A perfect place for a sweet daily reminder of how the Lord 
has blessed my Life!


I first applied a gorgeous blue color with a dry brush.
Then painted on some Paris Grey Chalk paint, also with a dry brush.
I lightly sanded the entire board all over and then sanded it a little more 
in a few different areas.


The Paris Grey sanded off so perfectly leaving little
hints of the blue peaking out from behind.


Then using carbon paper I traced on a quote my Mother
found while traveling and and a scroll design for the top.


With some charcoal grey craft paint from Hobby Lobby
I carefully filled in all the tracings.





Batman wanted to share this moment with me!


Happy Blogging Everyone!!

I will be sharing with:


HOG


{Primp}

          vif187
Beyond The Picket Fence

bws tips button







DomesticallySpeaking

13 comments:

  1. I ADORE this saying, Stefani! Thanks for sharing the photos and painting tutorial! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...I can't believe you did that by hand...you must have a steady hand:)
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I love how it pops out from the wall color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Much better than a standard headboard. Saw you at House of Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quote. What a great thing to think every night before bed. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this-and I wanted to let you know I featured it on my blog today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stepfani,
    found you from Bless this nest and have enjoyed browsing thru your blog! Love all your projects!
    I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit me!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Te felicito por el trabajo, quedó divino.
    Besos.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your headboard its beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stepefani, I found you on MMS & love your style. Enjoyed my visit & I'm your newest follower. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job!!! Looks like a pro did it.......so, now I guess you ARE a pro.

    I've just become your most recent follower. So, come visit me and I hope you'll follow me too.

    8-)

    ReplyDelete