Thursday, September 29, 2011

{Spectacularly Spooky}


Hello Fellow Bloggers!! Happy Fall!
After a trip to an antique mall and thrift store during my visit to Texas,
I came home with a car load of great finds to help me decorate for Halloween this year.


Here are a few of my prized finds. 
You will be seeing more of these things later on
as I complete the laundry list of projects I have in mind 
for them all! What fun!


Below is a picture frame and matte I picked up at a thrift store for a couple bucks, 
and with it a green and black book I bought to help me make a few Halloween crafts.


After I spray painted the frame black I tore out a picture
 of owls from the book and put it in the frame....


Glamorously Ghoulish right?


And here is an old mirror I picked up for free at an antique store.
The three black frames were a dollar each at the Dollar Tree, 
I tore three more pages out of the green and black book to 
put in the frames.




I love that everything done here, was done on a very tight budget!
Halloween decor just doesn't stay up long enough to justify major bucks.



That little owl silhouette was in a package with many other 
fun Halloweenish silhouettes for only a dollar! 

                                               

 Of course my three year old son was a big fan of the spider webs...
he really enjoyed helping mom decorate for Halloween.


 The Happy Halloween banners were made from burlap and iron on transfer letters.
I think it could have looked better, but not too bad for my first try!


 I was a bit nervous ironing those letters onto the burlap, 
thinking I might start a fire!!


Stay tuned... there will be more to come on the Halloween decor front.


Happy Halloween and Happy Blogging!

Transformation Thursday
{Primp}
     Beyond The Picket Fence            


                               Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow--I especially love the owls because they are spooky without being too spooky:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling- love the banners and your owls are cute!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owls are a favorite, spooky or not! Love the way you framed all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there- just letting you know I am sharing this at tonights Feathered Nest Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the Halloween decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I bet you had fun creating that Halloween display. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete