Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Transfer Methods and Living Room Sneak Peak!


Hello All! 
I wanted to share with you two cute new pillows I made using two different transfer methods!
And this is the first time you will be seeing pics of part of the living room. 
I am not done painting in there but I am soo happy with the color so I thought I would share a little peak!


The monogrammed pillow was made using the freezer paper transfer method, 
and the love birds pillow was made using the citra-solv method.



CitraSolv Method: So Easy! All you need is your fabric, the image you want printed with a laser printer, CitraSolv (a household cleaner), and a spoon. I always wear gloves since the cleaner concentrate is pretty strong. Also, some like to paint the CitraSolv on with a paint brush, I just prefer to wet a paper towel to wet the backside of the image. After the back of the image is dampened with the CitraSolv you use the backside of your spoon and rub the image into the fabric....



And this is how it looked when done!


Freezer Paper Transfer:  Depending on your image this can be quick and easy. You trace your image on the non-glossy side of the freezer paper, then use an exact-o knife to cute out the image. Once done, you iron your freezer paper glossy side down onto the fabric. Using a stencil brush you can then paint on your image.
Make sure you iron on the paper really well to prevent the paint from seeping past the stencil!



Here are both the pillows in my newly painted living room!


I was at my sister-in-laws house when I saw her bathroom painted this color.
I did not waste anytime getting home and using that same color in my living room!
I think it's a beautiful blend of blue, green, and grey!










Happy Blogging!

I will be sharing with:








HOG

Primp Your Stuff Wednesday



Beyond The Picket Fence


Transformation Thursday




8 comments:

  1. They turned out darling! I've yet to try CitraSolv but you're inspired me to get some. I tried an iron-on transfer a while back and wasn't too happy with it.

    Does the CitraSolv work with full color pics too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job!!! I'm definitely going to try these transfer methods! Thanks for sharing! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love em both-so simple, so Anthro! Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pillows!

    Deborah (happily visiting from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just discovered your blog. It's absolutely lovely! I was wondering if you would mind sharing the name of the paint color you used in your living room. I am looking for the perfect blue, greyish green for my bathroom and that color looks perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure thing! It's Rhino by Behr Paint. I love this color!! Thanks for stopping by!

    Stefani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stepfani, would you mind sharing where you found the adorable bird graphic?
      Margaret Garcia

      Delete
    2. I dont mind at all!! I am pretty sure i just searched google images and browsed until i found them. I am so sorry i dont have a more precise answer for you!!

      Stefani

      Delete