Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nuts about Jute Netting

 Hello fellow bloggers!
I am a big fan of old jars and jugs, so when I came across this big 
green glass jug at an antique store I snatched it up. I've been thinking
that it needed a little something extra, so I decided to make a 
jute net to go around the body of the jug.
































So here is the final product! 
What do you think? Pretty cool huh? 



As you can see I also made a net for one of the Ball jars I painted blue.


I recently picked up the square lantern at a thrift store for only a dollar!!


With the jute net and the sand inside the jar,
 you really can't tell that the blue color was painted on!
I will share the post of the canning jars painted blue later on.


A cute a summery vignette.
I think the jug looks so much better now with the net! 


Happy Blogging!
I am linking up with:


UndertheTableandDreaming



Beyond The Picket Fence

{Primp}



HOG



Transformation Thursday

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It gives the glassware a rustic, beachy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat~Love the net on that jar! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete