Friday, August 5, 2011

Burlap Inspirations

As much as I would love to take credit for the following crafts I have to 
admit I came across two different blogs from two different and creative women. 
I love simple ideas that don't require a lot of time or hard to find supplies and decided 
to give these two projects a try.


The first craft is a Fourth of July wreath inspired by Angie at The Country Chic Cottage
and you can see her version of the wreath here.


This is the wreath I made. I used a foam wreath from Hobby Lobby, 
burlap cut into strips, a blue fabric with stars, a red gingham fabric, and a hot glue gun.


I am really happy with the results!! 
I think it gives off a rustic yet cottage-y look!
I created red and blue stripes out of fabric rosettes.


The rosettes were easy. I just cut the fabric into 2 to 3 inch strips, 
then tied a loose knot in one end to get started. Then I twisted the fabric occasionally while 
wrapping it around the knot. I would use the hot glue gun to secure it about every two twists or so.
If interested in a more detailed tutorial on the rosettes let me know.


I was torn as to whether or not I should add the bow...
I'm glad I did, I like it!


I am excited I had the chance to get this done before baby #2 arrived!


So what do you think? Like the wreath?



The next craft was inspired by Taylor from Living in the Woods and you can find her
version of this project here. I love her site!


I started out with an old memory board I had in the garage.
I had a change of heart concerning the colors of this board so I 
stashed it away to give to a friend or sell.
I am so glad I ended up keeping it and giving it a makeover!


Here is the board I made, I love using burlap! 
I really like natural fabrics and the farmhouse appeal they create.


I love the texture. I have been trying to add lots of different
textures around the house. 


I added a vintage-y "F" and a couple of paint samples
 that I've been holding onto.


I will soon add a couple pictures of my sons to grace the board.


Thanks to the ladies who inspired me!
The projects were easy and fun to do.


Happy Blogging Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment