Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Garage Sale Finds


Went garage sale-ing last weekend and found a few things I'm pretty excited about. 





I can't remember what I paid for this cute lil' picture, but it's wasn't much. 
It looks pretty old and has a very cottage-y feel to it. 
I think someone will want it.



I've looked all over the internet and can't find  any information on this wood crate or the "Old News Bindery".
I don't think the crate is old, just unique.
It sits near our entryway and houses our shoes!
I love it.



Well, I've already broken the plate on the right. Bummer. The orchard basket behind
is holding a few jars I picked up, all of which have some kind of writing on them. 


I've already painted and hung the shaker pegs, and I am currently working on the frame.
I will post the shaker pegs' makeover shortly.



My favorite find is this terribly filthy, old bench!


I love the detail and can't wait to get to work on it!


Nice legs too. I'm just waiting to find the right fabric. 
I won't know how I want to paint it until I get my fabric, but I am really looking forward to it!


Hope the weather is nice this weekend! Gonna get while the gettin's good!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this bench!!!!!! It is even better than I imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't found the right fabric to start the makeover job...but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. talk about some amazing finds!! Loving that bench! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little bench is adorable! I believe that the "news bindery" is for stacking newspapers. When you have enough papers you can "bind" them with cord for disposal. (This was before recyling) I remember them being advertised years and years ago.

    ReplyDelete