Wednesday, March 30, 2011

First Slipcover

Finally! A project  to share!

I recently acquired a great gliding rocking chair with an ottoman from a close friend of mine. It was well loved and in need of either new cushions or a new slipcover. This is the perfect opportunity to practice making slipcovers before I make them for the living room couch and love seat.


After drooling over the Miss Mustard Seed Blog I decided to use a canvas drop cloth to make all of my slipcovers. I love the light natural color, and it's a hardy enough fabric to survive my husband and son (and soon to be second little boy).

It's not perfect but I'm really happy with it for my first crack at slipcovers, and now I have the confidence to make the cover for the rocker.





Please forgive my lack of skill in the photo department. I am hoping to school myself on how to make them look a little more professional.
Stefani

7 comments:

  1. Andrea CunninghamMarch 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM

    I LOVE the slip cover...it's adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool looking! Looks like a little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefani,
    Looks great to me. Be honest . . . how much sewing experience do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy,
    I've sewn off and on for the past few years but this has been my toughest project. In the past I've sewn simple items such as curtains, pillows, etc.
    Thank you for the comment!
    Stefani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Job stef! Your mom and I spent many a saturdays going to garage sales looking for that special find! Love ya Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that looks familiar?......now that it looks awesome, can we have it back? JK Great job

    ReplyDelete